Social Media Marketing (SMM) in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Virginia, VA
Don’t have the time to figure out how social media marketing works? We get it – this is a common problem for many business owners. If possible, the best solution is always to have you handling your own social media presence because you know your customer base best.
Regardless, we know that most business owners just don’t have the time to become social media experts. Frankly, if you learned everything there is to know about online marketing, you would not have time to attend to your business. The trick is to learn enough to make you dangerous to your competitors – but not yourself!
The fact is that you must create and maintain a strong online social media presence to excel online. Frequently and consistent interactions on the social media platforms is something that is crucial for you to achieve high visibility and relevance with your potential and existing customers. Since your business is unique and skill sets vary, we have designed our services to give you what you need, regardless of whether you want to proceed on your own or if you prefer someone else to take the reins.
At One Stop Tech Shop, Inc., we offer two different types of social media marketing services:
- Customized Social Media Marketing Training and Consultation – Get your own personal social media consultant assigned to your business to help you along the way.
- Full Social Media Marketing Management – Let our social media specialists take care of everything for you.
Regardless of what works best for you, we highly encourage you to leverage social media.
Customized Social Media Training And Consultation
Many business owners don’t have time to learn enough about how to leverage the social media platforms, and that is perfectly understandable. Unfortunately, knowing what to post, to who and when is just not intuitive. That’s where we can help! Since all businesses are different and each business owner is wired with different skill sets, we take special care to work with you to design a customized combination of training and efforts just for you. Then, we help guide you until you feel comfortable on your own. Our goal is to help you understand what you need to know to make good business decisions about your social media marketing efforts, and how to formulate a strategic plan for the way ahead.
Thinking you might like to pursue some training, or maybe you are not sure where to start and want to discuss more? No worries! We offer initial consultations at no charge. Contact us for a free consultation.
Full Social Media Management
Social media marketing trends are not static. They can change, and sometimes they do so quite dramatically. Having someone in your office trying to strategize for social media on the fly can be costly to your wallet, and their patience. That is why we highly suggest most business owners consider, instead, having their own personal social media marketing manager. With technology comes change, and business owners must continually adjust to not be left behind.
Unfortunately, it is a just a fact that businesses need to advertise online to realistically compete. One of the best ways to advertise online is to build your own website. Although building a website is one of the most cost effective internet marketing efforts you can achieve for your business, a website alone is not enough! Social media is the perfect complement to advertise your products and services and interact with your target audience of existing and potential clients. The return on social media marketing is quick and inexpensive since everything is digital and there is no need to print and manage costly flyers and mailing advertisements.
Looking for your own personal Social Media Marketing Consultant? Contact us and let us know how we can help!
Social Media Efforts Helps To Create A Persistent Presence And Reach For Your Target Audience
Social media marketing includes any type of marketing you do on the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. The goal is not just to have a social presence but to be present.
Having a presence and being present are two different things. Being present and building engaged audience takes time. This means having a plan for continual interaction, even if you’re not in the mood that day. Being consistent and present on the social media platforms takes focus and work.
To excel with social media marketing, you also need to understand the needs of your potential clients, and repeat clients. While most business owners already know their target audience, what many don’t realize is that, many times, offline trends do not coincide with online trends. So, a big part of working with social media is to adjust as you go along, using the metrics of your website and social media sites to determine the best way ahead.
Social Media Marketing Tips For Success
For most every business owner and anyone that wants to create a strong online presence, we offer the following tips for social media marketing success:
- Set Up Your Social Media Platforms. Be sure to set up and engage on your social networking sites. The popular social media sites you want to consider having a presence on are Google+, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, to name a few. Depending on your business and your audience, one or more of these platforms may be more advantageous than other to tackle. We can help with your posts and interactions and cover the gaps when you do not have the time to post.
- Participate In Your Own Social Media Marketing Efforts. We highly suggest that business owners participate in their own social media sites to some extent since this is the best way to understand how to strategize and adjust for the way ahead. Inter-meshing business owners in social media efforts gives them a better understanding of the effects of social media and how to leverage social media to their advantage. Because this is not anything that you have not done before, it may seem uncomfortable or awkward at first but that is normal and to be expected.
- Be Consistent. The right consistency for your social media post depends on the platform, your industry and your goals. Some platforms like Twitter and Instagram require several posts per day for maximum potential, as per their nature. While, in many cases, your industry and specific company structure and way you do business calls for the need for focus on a particular platform, or different engagement frequency.
- Identify And Pursue Your Goals. It is always good business practice to have a plan and set goals. Setting goals and how you are going to get there will keep you on track for online success. Keep an eye on online trends as they may affect your goal pursuit strategies.
- Identify Your Audience. Your message won’t be effective unless you know your audience. In most cases, you will have more than one audience. Consider a business that sells mountain bikes and accessories. The audiences would consist of people that are looking for a new mountain bike, and people that already have mountain bikes and are looking for accessories. To break it down further, your clients could be new clients to your business or repeat customers. Knowing your audience helps you achieve your goals.
- Engage And Grow Your Audience. Many clients say they do not have time to interact on social media. The bottom line is that you have to make time to raise visibility and build your relevance. You have no other choice you (or someone else!) must engage and grow your audience. Find the time and work it into your normal schedule. Less than one hour per week is a good start and realistic goal. Once you make you social media participation part of your routine, it will be much easier and will not seem like so much of a chore.
- Study Your Metrics And Adjust Accordingly. Many of us have experienced the unnerving feeling of having to drive with a broken speedometer at some point in our lives. How did that feel not knowing how fast you were going? What about not knowing if your car needs oil? That could turn out bad. Your social media (and your website) metrics are like the dashboard of your car. They tell you what is going on and it is crucial information that should be reviewed and used to continually adjust your strategies to stay most effective. Without considering your metrics, you are driving blind. When it comes to any online marketing, not knowing where you are going can be quite costly to your wallet.
If you have more questions and want to talk more about our social media marketing tips, we can help! Contact us for a free initial consultation.
Connecting Social Media To Your Website With Backlinking
One of the things you can do to increase your search engine ranking is to use a technique called backlinking. Backlinking is simply a term to describe website links that go to, or come from, a web page or post. Backlinks to and from your website and social platforms create and ease navigation but they are much more important in terms of SEO.
There is a lot more to backlinking that just connecting your social media platforms, as number and credibility of backlinks is an important factor in determining search engine ranking. There are lots of offers out on the for quick fixes, offering to build you backlinks for a cost. This is a “black hat” technique and is highly suggested to avoid. “Black hat” techniques are ways to raise rank with the search engines in a way that is deemed “against the rules” and this can hurt you in the long run, some with even harsh enough penalties to black list a website from appearing in the search engines at all. Be careful to not fall for “black hat” schemes. Remember, if it seems too easy or too good to be true, it probably something you should not do.
One Stop offers you social media marketing and related services to help market your social platforms, increase your online visibility and strengthen your online presence. Contact One Stop for a free initial consultation.